We've just got our first crop of tomatoes and they are big, juicy and delicious - not at all like the tasteless variety sold at the supermarket.
The kids and I have been hovering over the green, hard tomatoes every day since they started blooming. It's definitely a lesson in patience, as the kids ask everyday if they are ready to be picked
I was hoping to leave them to vine ripen, but seems there are little worms invading my tomato patch, so I'm picking them once they have a blush of red and ripening them inside.
There is a cucumber also bathing in the sunlight, growing bigger and ripening each day. I'm just hoping the bugs don't start munching on it.
Next thing blooming in the garden is my beautiful Lily bush. Duane and I planted this in 2005, the year Grace was born. It flowered for the very first time on the day she was born, and since we had been tossing up the middle name Lily, it seemed perfect to use it. Its has flowered every year around her birthday - her very special Birthday flower.
Of course every garden needs some fairies and pixies. Mine tend to ditch the glittery wings and run around naked.
Ok, not officially in the garden, but still garden themed. This is the birthday crown I handmade for Grace. It's made out of 100% wool felt and all hand stitched lovingly by me. I adore it.
It's something special that will only be used on her birthday, every year. I plan on making a big deal out of birthdays, making the kids feel like Kings and Queens on their special day. I'm going to start work on Xav's next, just not sure what theme I'll do. Grace was born in Spring, so I made hers in gorgeous spring colours.
1 comments:
That pettiskirt is DIVINE! As is your daughter!
Aurora has a pettiskirt, and I can't wait for an "occasion" to use it! I'm thinking the Christmas card photos...
Post a Comment