A night out

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gosh I must be getting old.

I went out with some friends last night to celebrate a few birthdays, and although it was a lot of fun - I really don't enjoy the whole nightclub scene.

The music is too loud, everyone seems crazy drunk and the music is too loud (yes, I realise I said that twice, but I'm sure it's gone up a few decibels from my partying days). I mean, how are you supposed to have a conversation when even yelling doesn't get you heard?

We went for dinner first, which was great. My kinda socialising. Nice restaurant, yummy food and chatting over a glass or two of champagne.

After vowing to NEVER drink again, my willpower was proven to be flawed as I downed a few glasses of bubbly.

So after dinner we wandered around Broadbeach looking for Nicole's craving of gelati, but everything was closed so she had to settle for sorbet instead. Then Em, using her pull, got us into Howl at the Moon for free with a few drinks thrown in for good measure.

Now, on 1 hand I was happy with the venue. At least as a bunch of 30 year olds we weren't the eldest, but on the other hand - man, there are some strange older nightclub dwellers.

We were all minding our own business, having a little boogie on the dance floor. Em & Astra were in full party mode and Ren, who is 25weeks preggars, was putting us all to shame with her stamina.

One girl, who was banging and crashing into us with her "interesting" dance moves, was outed by the DJ as wearing no underwear. Right after that her very mini dress starting riding up to her ears, and confirmed for all to see that the DJ was in actual fact correct. Gross.

The same chick then stumbled over to our table of drinks and proceeded to grab a glass for herself. Ren, being pregnant and lacking any patience for annoying idiots, politely dropped the F bomb and told her to go away. Renee was furious, so then went and told security and they came and escorted out.

Em got us a free Illusion shaker, but after trying about 10 shots, I was still feeling sober so I have my suspicions that it was very low in alcohol.

Oh well, probably a good thing.

Although I was over the limit and had to be driven home, I got home relatively sober - which is always a bonus!

0 comments: