Sick little girl

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My poor little girl is lying beside me on the couch, a towel under her head and a bucket within reach.

Her face is a pale, pasty white colour and there are dark rings under her hollow eyes. Her normally round belly is concave, I'm sure she would have lost a few kilos.

It started last night. She was exhausted during dinner, not wanting to eat and asking to go to bed at 6pm. I tucked her into bed, when she told me that her tummy was hurting. I thought maybe she was confusing sore with being hungry, but she didn't want anything to eat - just wanting to sleep.

Hubby and I went to be around 10.30 to enjoy a cuddle and chat in bed. Out of the blue, Grace comes racing in to our room, screaming. She then proceeded to hop on the bed and spew EVERYWHERE. We changed the bed quickly, grabbed an empty bucket and propped some towels under her head. About half hour later, the lurching started again.

Xav woke and wondered in, trying to figure out what was happening. I figured some of us should get a good sleep, so being the kind person that I am, took Xav to Graces bed so him and I could cuddle and sleep. Duane took the night shift looking after Grace, who vomited all night.

Today hasn't been great either. She hasn't moved from the couch, just laying there listfully and moaning when her stomach starts cramping. I've kept her hydrated with water and hydralyte icy-poles, but she's not keeping much down. She has dozed on a off all day, but when she is awake she wants either Duane or I to sit with her.

Duane took Xav outside for a bit to mow the lawns and get some fresh air. I thought Grace was asleep so slipped off to go to the toilet. I came back in the lounge and the poor thing was laying in a pool of bright green bile, she didn't even have the energy to move.

I don't normally use antibacterial stuff, but the old pump pack has gotten a work out today. Only one thing worse that your kids getting gastro - Everyone getting it. I've washed everything in hot water, and its all on the line hoping the bugs get out.

We've still managed to get a few things done in between playing nurse tag. The outdoor sink (thanks Ave for the fabulous idea!) is nearly finished, Grace's garden is looking great and I've been busy working on Christmas projects.

0 comments: