Party Eve

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ok, so I officially suck at posting every day.

I was absolutely exhausted yesterday, after spending the whole weekend relaxing - kinda ironic hey!

We went camping down at Lennox Heads, staying at this campground. I'll do a big post on it later, I just can't be bothered fiddling around with pics at the moment.

I've spent yesterday afternoon and all day today baking up a storm, ready for Grace's 4th birthday party tomorrow. I'm too scared to look too carefully, but I think there is roughly 30 people coming - 16 of those under 4. Yikes! I'm hoping the weather is not too hot and the kids can all run crazy in the backyard.

The 2 fridges and freezers are choc-a-block and all cupboards are nearly bursting open. The table are hopefully going to be groaning under the weight of all the handmade goodies. There is mini sausage rolls, mini pies, tea cup biscuits, hat biscuits, jelly, rocky road, caramel slice, apple slice, mini scones, dips and of course the Toadstool house cake. It's been a busy few days in the Penny kitchen, cooking up a storm in the comfort of air-con.

The cake has just had the last decoration put on and its safely tucked into the fridge for the big unveiling tomorrow. Note to self - WW margarine does not work for butter cream icing. It just results in sending the hubby out for a late night dash for real butter.

Grace's fairy garden is simply decorated & looks great. I've asked for everyone to bring something along for it, so I'll fill in the gaps once all that is planted.

The birthday girl is beside herself with excitement. It took until 8.30 tonight until her excitement waned a little and she headed off to bed. She's got her gorgeous pettiskirt, a simple white singlet and her new shoes all ready to put on in the morning. She is giggly with anticipation at all the lovely things she'll have to put in her fairy garden, she spent this afternoon cleaning all the stepping stones carefully.

The house is still in a shambles, but I'll have an early start in the morning and get it looking presentable. That's just for my benefit, cause once the kids start rolling in, it'll be back to messy.

0 comments: