Ok, so I've just had a quick look at the QTAC website and offers for 2009 have been released.
I'm a little scared to check if I'm in or not. How stupid is that? I've been waiting for ages to find out and now I'm chicken.
I just want to get my head around what I will do with each possible scenario, before I either high tail it to Officeworks to get my stationary fix or console myself with the biggest block of chocolate ever.
So, here's the situation. I've applied for Bach of Midwifery at ACU Brisbane as my first preference and part-time Nursing at Griffith GC as my second.
Bach of Mid ACU:
Midwifery is what I want to study, it's something that I am extremely passionate about and I'm hoping that this passion will be what gets me through the difficult science subjects. However, it's 2 hours each way by train. That bit sucks, and I'm not sure that I could remain motivated to be travelling 4 hours 2 days a week. Apart from being expensive, it's extra time away from the kids that I want to avoid. Also if I start up there, I'd most likely have to finish the degree up there, so that potentially 5 years of less than ideal circumstances.
Bach of Nursing Griffith:
Realistically this is the better option. It would mean that I am closer to home, cutting down on travel and the time that the kids have to be cared by someone else. I can pick the subjects that will most likely be in the Bach of Mid that starts in 2010, meaning that I could then get credits for them. I would have to get my head around potentially having to complete the nursing degree, if I didn't end up getting into Midwifery when it is offered next year. That's not too bad though, if I did finish nursing I could then go on and do another year to become a midwife. Then I would be a RN & RM, giving much better opportunities. I really hope though that I can get into midwifery in 2010, it's what I really want.
So there it is. I think I have made up my mind that I don't want to go to ACU, but it's going to kill me declining the offer. Midwifery is such a competitive course to get into and I will feel like I've killed my dream when I say no to it. I should've just made nursing my first preference and been done with it, but it was a combination of ego and laziness that forgot to change it over. I really want to know if I could get into Midwifery, I know that it's different every year, but I just wanted to know if I did have a chance.
Ok.......now that's sorted out, off to check it out. Wish me luck.
Sorting out my head
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Labels: Kirsten, School days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good Luck!!!
Hope you can come to a comprimise that makes you happy and fits around your family life. I know how hard that can be :Z
Charli xoxox
Post a Comment