January 1st Photo

Friday, January 2, 2009

I've started a photo challenge with an online group.

It's taking a photo a day for January and putting it online for the group to critique. I was nervous at the start, being a total novice I was expecting my pic's to be torn to shreds, however so far everyone has been positive and encouraging. So far both photos have been of Grace, it's too hard to catch Mr X on the run.

It'll be great way for me to learn more about my beautiful camera and also a great record of the first month of 2009 . I'm hoping that I can improve, and theoretically the last photo of the month should be an improvement on the 1st. We'll see I guess!

I'm going to post every pic in here also, with a little blurb about each one.

January 1st 2008:


This pic was taken late in the afternoon out the front. Grace was wearing a black ice-skating leotard (totally inappropriate for the stinking hot weather we are having at the moment!), and she really wanted a cuddle with Bertha. I really wanted Bertha to look more into the camera, but she was not following direction very well. I guess that's why they say not to work with kids or animals! It should have probably been taken a bit further away, but it's a cute pic anyway!

0 comments: