January 3rd Photo

Saturday, January 3, 2009


Ok, so I tried really, really hard all day to get a decent pic of Xav. My camera is super quick, and even it wouldn't catch him as he zoomed on by. I threw my hands up in the air, and conceded that I wouldn't get a photo of his cute little face. I set him up with his absolute favourite Christmas present, and he spent a good 2 secs playing with it, the boy has NO attention span!
I have been searching through my camera manual, working up the courage to use all the scary manual settings. The above pic is my very first using all manual. I had to pic the ISO, aperture, SS and all the other settings.
My aim for this pic was to get the blocks in focus and everything else blurred. Kinda worked, but doesn't really have the "look" that I was going for. I'm hoping one of the pro's will let me in on the secret to this. I would have like a nicer expression on his face too, but I'll take what I can get from Mr X!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh no, i'm no expert, but I think this is a great photo Kirsten, and I especially like the look on Xav's face, utter concentration!
(a good thing to have frozen in time, you might not see it often, if he's anything like my 2, lol!)

Charlene said...

Oh, and I love the one of Gracie below also, she's truly a gorgeous little creature. I can definitely see how you could be very biased, I would be too :)