Good night my sweet 2 y/o.....

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where is the time going?


It seems only yesterday that I was meeting my beautiful daughter for the very first time, and yet it's been 3 years. 3 beautiful, magical years of watching her grow from a tiny, tiny newborn who fitted perfectly in my arms to a confidant, enthusiastic toddler.

It was 3 years ago today that I realised that I was in the early stages of labour. I had woken in the morning to realise that I had my "show". I spent the day eagerly awaiting any other sign that my baby was coming. I cleaned and cleaned, not really sure what was happening, just that something was. By the end of the day nothing had started. Duane & I settled in to watch Tv for the night when around 7pm I noticed that I was getting pains, nothing regular but still pains. We sat there giddy with excitement, eating my pregnancy craving of ice cream, walnuts and ice magic. I went to bed, not knowing what to expect. Duane went to bed thinking that my waters were going to explode everywhere.

I slept all night, occasionally waking up with a slight period pain. All the next day I was getting the pains, not a lot of regularity to them and not causing too much discomfort. About 4pm I had to start standing when they were coming, but in between contractions I felt great. Things started heating up at about 7pm.

I went to hospital around 8pm, and after 2 hours of hard work I met my sweet girl and feel deeply and instantly in love. It was, and it still is one of the most magical moments of my life.
So good night my sweet little girl, tomorrow you will be a big 3 year old. You are the absolute light of my life, my shining star who brightens my every single day. I love you.
As a special treat, I went today and got some ice cream, walnuts and ice magic, which I am going to enjoy now whilst I reminisce about that beautiful day. All whilst watching Duane fumble about trying to put together the doll house our birthday girl is waking up to tomorrow.

0 comments: