What's this Mummy?

Saturday, April 5, 2008

What's this Mummy?

That is what I have been hearing all day for the last week. Grace has been asking me what everything is and I admit it is starting to wear a little thin. It is very cute and all but there is only so many times that I can be asked "Whats this Mummy" by a toddler doing her best school teacher impersonation. Especially when the thing she is asking about is something so ridiculously obvious, like Xavier. Oh well I am sure it is only going to get worse as all the who, where & why questions start.

We have had a lovely week, its been a nice mix of being busy and relaxing. Yesterday morning I took the kidlets for a big walk around one of the parks. I sent Grace on a scavenger hunt; collecting rocks, sticks leaves and anything else that I could think of. She loved searching and bringing all the little treasures back to me as we wandered along. Xavier just hung out in the pram, watching all the trees, birds and the dogs being walked.

After our walk we played for a bit in the park. Xavier thought that the bark was tasty, so we moved him to the dizzy whizzy! He loved it! Spinning around and giggling his head off! It's so nice to have him back to his happy and giggly self.

Once Grace was worn out of swinging (or Mummy was sick of pushing), we went and had a little fruit & cracker picnic. It was so lovely just hanging out on the grass with my kidlets, munching on bananas, apples and rice cakes.

Then today we had a visit to the library to pick up some books I had on hold. I am still fascinated with reading all about birth and have nearly exhausted the library catalogue on the subject. I just love reading about it and learning, hopefully all this will help me if I do decide to pursue my dream.

After the library we walked over to the park. As much as I tried to persuade Grace to go on the other equipment, she insisted on staying on the swing. She loves the darn thing and is happy to stay on it for ages. She's so not impressed by all the fancy parks I take her too, just as long as they have a swing!

Well just as we were leaving the park, it started raining. So we had to run back to the car which was still parked at the library. It wasn't too cold, so it was kinda fun getting all wet!

The kids went to bed when we got home & I settled myself on the couch with a book (Men at birth...good so far). Then when Duane got home and the kids had woken we headed over to visit the Pengs.

Tim gave Grace such a beautiful present, a Pandora bracelet. He has already put 3 charms on it for her; a pram (for when she was a baby), an angel (that's what she reminds him of) and a heart (becuase he loves her). Isn't that just the sweetest? He wants to buy her new ones to add to the bracelet every year. I am jealous....I have been wanting one of these bracelets for years. Yes, I will admit I did think about putting Grace's in "trust" on my wrist, but the damn thing is too small! Oh well I have put my order in for Mothers Day.

Tim absolutely adores Grace. She has always been comfortable with him. Even when she was a baby and wouldn't settle for anyone else, she would always go to sleep on Tim. She always greets him with a cuddle and a smile. He is such a great friend to our family, we all love spending time together. Althought their lifestyle is alot fancier than ours (1 of his cars is equal to our mortgage...Yeeek!!), they are so down-to-earth and such lovely people.

~~Grace & Tim at her Naming Day~~


~~Grace & Tim at Tim's brothers wedding~~

0 comments: