Yes I think that I am & I know that I am going to be hurting later for it.
I had gotten the kids ready for playgroup and was heading out to the car when I couldn't find the keys. I checked the usual spots - handbag, Nappy bag & under the big pile of crap on the bench. Nope no keys. Then I remembered throwing them on the front seat of the car when I came home yesterday, then I also remembered locking the car with central locking later in the day because Grace had gotten in and I hate her playing in the car. Sure enough, the keys were perched up on the seat shining right back at me.
So no playgroup for us, but I had to get out of the house so that's when I came up with the fantabulous idea (or not!)
I strapped Xavier into the toddler seat of the pram and Grace into the actual pram. I never use this pram now - It's too cumbersome and with the toddler seat it felt too top heavy. I was hoping that by having the 14kg toddler in the back and the 9kg baby in the front it would all be ok.
So I lathered us all up with sunscreen, donned our hats and headed off.
I really should have turned left, not right like I did. Turning right meant I had to push 13 kgs of kids & approx. 15kgs of pram up a very long and gradual hill. To top it all off the tyres on the pram were all flat but because the pump was in the car they just had to stay that way. It was so hard and I was absolutely exhausted by the time I reached the top.
I got to the flat bit and that was a bit easier. We were nearly at the servo where I was going to pump up the tyres when the stupid footpath started to become really hard to push on. The I literally had to put myself in between the pram as it started toppling towards a parked car. So after rectifying that, I rushed off to the servo.
The pram was so much better and easier after the tyres were nice and full. We headed over to the shops to post some letters then over to the ducky park. I parked the pram and got the kids out for a play around. Xavier had fun crawling around on the grass, Grace & I went on a hunt for things to make a collage with later. We collected some leaves, pine needles, feather and lots of other interesting stuff. We layed down on grass and chatted about what we could see. The birds flying over, the trees swaying in the breeze and the clouds rolling over.
Grace then told me that she wanted to go to the toilet to do a wee. I offered her the bird toilet and she got so excited. "Yeah, birdie toilet. Grace go bird toilet" So I took her over to a secluded spot in between some trees, wondering if she would do her first 'bush wee'
"No Grace go Grace's toilet, no wees in bird toilet", She was screaming and there was no way she was going there so we packed up and headed back over to the shops.
After the toilet spot we headed home. I was exhausted and I know that I will feel it tomorrow. Grace fell asleep in the pram, Xavier was just happy looking around munching on a cracker.
I do hate living somewhere that I can't walk from easily, it's just so hilly. When ever I take the kids for a walk I have to drive and then walk, I would love to just take them from home.
Also this is funny. Daisy and Lily (the dogs) were going nuts when I left, they wanted to come too. I heard them barking and whining for ages, and when I got home they were both in the front yard (jumped the side fence) and Daisy had her collar with her that she had gotten of the BBQ out the back. Poor things, very rarely get to go for walks now!!
Am I crazy????
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Posted by Kirsten at Thursday, April 24, 2008
Labels: Grace, Special Days, toilet training, Xavier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment