Sick AGAIN!!!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Well we have had a scary day.

It started this morning with Grace coming into our bed at about 1am. She felt hot, but I wasn't really awake and so didn't think to take her temp. Well when we all woke at 5.30am she asked for a drink and she was burning hot. I took her temp and she was 38.5 so I immediately gave her some panadol. She seemed tired and had no energy, so she just layed on the couch.

After Xavier woke from his morning nap we all headed out to Westfield. We were meeting up with Duane's mum and I wanted to get some winter clothes for the kidlets. Grace seemed ok when we left but once we were inside she started crying softly and didn't look right. I took her into the chemist and he just suggested to keep giving her panadol, it was probably the remnants of her cold. We went out side to the playground thinking that this might cheer her up. She started sobbing again and looked so sad. She had gone pale and started getting really hot again. I was holding her and then she just went completely cold and covered in goose bumps. I couldn't believe that she was burning up one minute and then so icy cold the next. She then started shaking, her little teeth were even chattering. I knew then that she had another fever. I left her with Duane and went to the Medical centre in the mall to see if I could get her an appointment, but it was closed. I chatted with the pharmacist again and he told me to get Medcall to our house immediately. I called and made the appointment then we headed home.

Grace fell asleep as soon as she got into the car. I spent the whole trip with my hand on her leg and she was getting hot again. She went to bed when we got home, the poor little thing looked so sad and out of it.

When she woke I gave her another dose of panadol. She went cold again and started shaking again. Her heart beat seemed erratic and was racing. We stripped her off and layed her on the couch with a tepid face washer, trying to get her temp down. By this stage her temp was 39.9...dangerously high.

The Dr got here and I explained everything that had been happening. I told him her history of UTI and he said that's what he suspected it to be. He checked her all over, her heart was still racing and her temp had come down to 38.9. He was worried about her temp, especially since she had taken panadol and it was still high, so he waited around a bit to check it was going down. he left when it got to 38, but stressed to us how important it was to keep an eye on it. He gave us a urine jar and told us to take it to the 24hr pathology as soon as Grace would give a sample.

He also had a quick check of Xavier. He still has the cold, and the Dr confirmed that he has an external ear infection. Not as bad as his others though, so just on the external drops. He has not temp or anything, so it seems his cold is just a viral infection.

I have had an annoying cough for the last few days so I got the Dr to check my throat. He said that my threat is quite red and also that my glands are inflamed. He suggested taking panadol if it was annoying me and to use a throat gargle. I don't feel too bad, probably just a little run down.

Duane has just taken the sample through to pathology and we should know by tomorrow if it is a UTI or not. Although she has never gotten temps with one before, I am fairly certain that's what it is. If it is she will definately have to have the dye, ultrasounds and scans.

Why does it feel like the past 6 months has been a haze of sickness and Dr's visits. I just hope that once Xaviers ears are sorted and Grace's UTI, that it - no more sickness.

0 comments: