Xavier is 8 months!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Oh dear another month has passed so, so quickly!

Little Xavier is growing up, slowly slipping out of the baby stage and hurtling towards being a toddler. Aaaahhhhh No, no no....I WANT MY LITTLE BABY!!!!!!

Okay...I am going to accept he is getting older, well I really have no other option, do I? So I will pack away all the grow suits and all in ones and accept my little boy is just that!

The last month has been a tough one for X. He has had the 2 (or maybe it was just one really long one??) ear infection, and then also the outer ear infection. They have made him so upset at times. Hopefully he is all over them now but now the dreaded teeth are causing him grief. I am always reluctant to blame things on "teeth", but I really think they are annoying my little boy. he has cut his 2 front top teeth in the last week, and now the teeth either side of them have cut too. Ouchie!

He has been busy perfecting his clapping technique, this is coming along nicely! He has started waving sporadically and also scrunching his little fists up into "twinkles"

Xavier is crawling so quickly and he is getting into everything! His absolute favourite thing is to speed up the hallway and pick the vent off the wall. We have resorted to covering up the vent with a box, but I am guessing it wont be long before he realizes he could still get to it. Today he zoomed into the bathroom and pulled up the drain from the floor. I walked in and he was sitting innoccently on the floor with the drain in his hand and a gaping big hole on the floor! He loves getting into the kitchen cupboards or jamming himself behind the fridge door when I open it.

I actually really like it now that he is confident crawling. He can get around the whole house and loves just following Grace and I around. He especially loves watching the washing machine, he sits there mesmerised by the clothes going round and round.

He is a real sticky beak, and gawks out the window every time I change him. His change table is set up beside his bedroom window and everytime, he pulls back the curtain and looks outside. It's funny first thing of a morning when its still dark in his room and he pulls back the curtain and gets a face full of sunlight! That makes him blink and his little face scrunches up!!


He pulls himself up on everything and is starting to walk around the furniture easier. The little terror has even started letting go and standing for a few seconds. I am so not ready for him to be walking, mentally I am not ready!!

Xaviers favourite toys at the moment are, anything of Grace's (shoes, socks, hair bands etc), remotes, balls, tamborine & his set of jingle bells. He has perfected his pincer grip, so nothing on the ground is safe. Everything he finds on the ground goes in his mouth, any skerrick that has been dropped. He concentrates so hard to pick it up and shove it in his gob!! I have fished out all sorts of things; cornflakes, paper, felt etc.

He loves his food and is on 3 meals a day, with a few cruskits. He has eaten everything that I have given him so far. We are still not really adventurous, mainly just fruit, vegies, cous cous, weetbix, rolled oats and toast. He handles finger foods really well and has no trouble with lumps. I think that he will take after Grace in the "good eating" stakes.

Xavier is still a "booby boy", although he doesn't treat them so well! He really needs to learn some manners when it comes to his "milk". He often just dives his head into them and starts slapping me, wanting a feed. Also when I do feed him he is so wriggly and constantly pushes and slaps me. He is getting better at actually feeding now though, not just having a suck and then a gawk around. He gets on with the job and is usually done in less than 5 minutes. I'm not really sure how many feeds a day he has, probably about 5?? He

Xavier loves his sleep and is great at it! He has just cut down to 2 day sleeps, one from 7.30am - 9am and then again from 12-1.30pm. He sometimes has a quick snooze in the afternoon, if he gets a bit grumpy. Bedtime is still 6pm and he mostly goes without too much of a fuss. I love that I can just put him down and he goes to sleep himself, make life easier!! Sometimes he wants a little bum pat, but usually he is just happy with his (pink!!) mulsin wrap and dummy!! He usually wakes once a night, and depending on how tired I am, he either goes back to his bed or spends the night with me. He is a shocker to sleep with, but I do really love the morning feed and cuddles!!

He has also started saying a new word. "Car, car, car" I'm not actually sure that is what he is saying, but we are going to claim it anyway. Very fitting 3rd word for a boy, don't you think??

0 comments: