Silly Mummy!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I love long weekends!!

It usually guarantees me a little sleep in & also lovely family time!

We have just been hanging around the house yesterday and today, getting a few little things done. Yesterday we spent the afternoon planting 50 lomandras in the front yard. Grace & Xavier had a blast mucking around in the dirt and getting filthy! Grace found a few lizards to chase and Xavier pushed a cardboard box around like a walker. Grace also helped us dig the holes and cover them back in once the plants had gone in. Slave drivers that we are, we even got her to pick up the empty pots at the end!!

We also went and visited Wendy in hospital. She's doing well now, still not as mobile as she hoped she would be at this stage but she is getting there. She seems to be enjoying herself, well as much as you can enjoy yourself in hospital! She chats to all the other women in her ward, getting all the gossip. Its got better story lines than neighbours, the stuff that happens is crazy!!

She looks really good and has gotten out for a few showers and to go to the toilet, hopefully she wont be in too much longer!

Today we went to Westfield to get a few things & pick up Grace's new car seat! She now has a fancy convertible booster as she was starting to our grow her car seat. She is so tall. The new one is suppossed to go up to 26kgs (she is about 14 1/2kgs), but she is already at the 2nd highest strap height. Oh well, we can just pass it down if she gets too tall!

The kids got to have a little play outside, then we all went and harrassed the lady with the free taste tests. It was yummy today; stir fry, fruit & natural yoghurt and hot cross buns! Grace kept going back for more, we discouraged her of course (woudn't want her filling up for free...would we!!)

Grace always likes to go on the horsey ride on the way out, it's the bribe I use to get her to stay close at the shops. Well Duane put her on it today, and she went to get off and he noticed something strange. SHE HAD NO UNDIES ON. I had dressed her, but in the haste of getting out the door I had forgotten to put undies on her. She had taken herself to the toilet before we left, climbed up into the car and strapped herself in and also climbed out. We had not noticed. My little girl had been "airing her bits" for about an hour at the shops, Duane hadn't even noticed when she was at the playground. Once we realised I quickly grabbed a pair out of her bag and put them on her. She kepy laughing and saying "Silly Mummy, no undies" Well sorry dear....your the silly one going out with no undies on & it BETTER not be repeated when you get older!!

We then came home and put up my lovely birthday pictures from Trudy! I have been nagging my "non-handy man" husband to put up some other pictures, so he finally got those up too!

I bought a mosquito net for Grace's room ages ago, so we put that up today. It's hanging over her bed and she keeps calling it her "fairy bed" We also put some of the dining chairs in her room and made a tent/cubby. Grace loves playing in it with her teddies. She puts them all to sleep in there, spending ages patting them.

I have just finished making up a little Easter Egg hunt for the kids tomorrow. I am still reluctnant to give Grace too much chocolate so I have made some youghurt covered fruit which taste sooo nice. I have wrapped them up in foil, so thats what she is hunting for! I can't wait!! I love having kids and getting to do all these fun things with them!

Actually I should mention Grace's first encounter with Chocolate. Well her second, my brother had given her a freddo frog once before! She has also had it when we have been cooking, but apart from that we haven't ever given it to her. I knew that this year we would probably not be able to avoid it though, so we had decided to let her have some!

They had a little easter egg hunt at playgroup last Thursday. Grace got into the excitement of looking for the eggs and once she had found them she bought them straight up to me. She was looking at them strangely, not really sure what all the other kids were so excited about these tiny little balls! She gave them to me until she saw the other kids eagarly unwrapping and stuffing their faces. She came back up and took the 2 small eggs and ate them! She was given another 2 later, but she gave them to me saying "Mummy's treat" Ahhh so sweet! I think the biggest reason I had for not giving her chocolate, was her realising what I was eating all the time! I am a chocolate tragic...I love the stuff. So it looks like my little addiction is going to have to go underground, I'll only be able to indulge when Grace is not around!!

0 comments: