30's not that bad....

Friday, March 7, 2008

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Well didn't that come around quickly! I can't believe that the last 30 years have already happened.

30 used to seem so old. When I was younger, I couldn't imagine what it felt like to be 30. And yet here I am 30, married, 2 kids, 2 houses & 2 dogs. Wowee I am a grown-up! I still find myseld referring to other people as adults, I don't think that I have ever called myself one though.

Anyway now that I am now into my thirties, its all not too bad! My 20's were fantastic, and I imagine that my 30's will be even better! My 20's were full of fun and adventure, my 30's will be too, just with the added bonus of kids! Also what was fun to me in my 20's would probably horrify me as a 30 y/o.

I am going to embrace the next era of my life, its going to be both exciting and challenging. I am going to enjoy every moment and be the best mother I can to my kids. I also want to build my relationship with Duane, it is important that we stay in-tune with each other as a good example to our children.

So the next era of my life is going to be great! Being 30 is not about the "down hill" slide, its about bigger and better things, and about a reorganising of our priorities. Where once I would have enjoyed nothing more than a night out....I now enjoy a night in, just our little family.

So from now on I am "early 30's", & still young enough to dip back into my 20's if I feel the need!

0 comments: