Still not good

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Well Xavier is not getting much better.

After not feeding at all on Tuesday I was hoping that he would make up for it in the night. He woke up at 9.30pm and couldn't be settled. He was just hysterical and getting so hot. I tried to feed him but he kept pushing me away and getting so distressed. He slept in with us, but spent most of the night writhing around in pain. I finally got him to feed at 1.30am, I virtually had to force him on. Once he was attached though he had a decent feed. I was so glad that he did though, I was so full and uncomfortable. I tried to get him onto the other side, but he just fell asleep.

He fed again at 5am and then didn't feed again all day. It's like he is pain when I lay him down to feed. He pushes me away and gets so upset, he gets really hot and big fat tears spurt out of his gorgeous blue eyes. I get so upset watching him get so distressed, but I also don't want him to not feed. I would be so upset if he didn't feed again. I know that he is a pain in the bum sometimes to feed, but I highly doubt that he is self-weaning at this young age. I really think that he is in some type of pain, or he has been and he is associating the pain with feeding.

He was so clingy and just cried all day today and yesterday. He still seemed to be in so much pain yesterday so I called the on call Dr to come out again. He checked him over and said that his ears and throat are still red. He thinks that he might be still unwell as he is getting over the infections and also that he may be having a reactiont to the A/b's. He said that sometime the A/b's that he is on can cause joint pain, so to keep him topped up with panadol.

Last night he still wouldn't fed when he went to bed, so gave him a cup of expressed milk. He took some of it, but then started doing the same thing that he does when I feed him. He woke at about 2am again and I bought him into my bed and he fed again. He was a little better, not crying and moaning in his sleep as much.

Today he is still really upset and fed once but only when I was laying down. I thought that it might be hurting him the way that I hold him when we feed. So today I tried every other way possible. Nothing made him feed.

I took him to our regular Gp today, hoping to get a referral for the recurring ear infections. Xavier was being a little charmer, I don't think that the Dr believed everything that I was telling her. As I sat there telling her about hime being in pain and crying all the time, he sat there smiling and "making eyes" at her. But then he started to go down hill again. He was so upset and she could definately see what I was talking about. She checked him all over, but couldn't come to any reason why he was inso much pain. She thought that maybe his teeth are causing him grief but agreed with me that his behaviour seemed too extreme for that.

She has given me a referral for a pead and also to get some bloods done. I went straight to pathology to get it over and done with, only to be told that they needed 2 staff to do babies. Hmmm, 1 to hold down and 1 to stick 'em I guess. My poor little baby.

Anyway I managed to get into the Pead tomorrow at 12.30, lucky someone cancelled or it could have been a month away. Fat lot of good that would have been for now though. As much as I would pay anything for my little boy, its still an expensive little visit. $280 all up, but I do get $200 back from Medicare. I coul have gone public, but not sure how long I would have to wait though. I have also made an appt to get his blood taken at 11.20. I am so not looking forward to that, especially if he wont feed. I have always settled him after his needles with boob. He has always been great with getting needles, I hope that he is fine with giving blood.

Grace is hopefully going to be at school tomorrow. As she missed out on Tuesday I am trying to get her in for a make up day. If she can't get in I'll try to drum someone up to have her, I would prefer not to take her to the Dr's!! She has been an absolute angel through all this. We have been stuck at home all this week and she has been great. Normally she gets a little crazy and housebound, but she understands that Xavier is sick. She just wants to help me with him which is so sweet. I do let her hold his arms down when I am putting his ear drops in, it's so hard to do alone!! I hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the bum!!

Actually something funny. Grace must have overheard me talking about Xavier 'cutting" teeth. So the other day she was playing with her kiddy scissors and I heard her say, "Gracie will cut Xaviers teeth" Oh dear......looks like its back to full supervision with the scissors!


~~Grace being busted painting everything BUT the paper~~

0 comments: