Poking & prodding the baby!

Friday, March 28, 2008

~~Xavier after having blood take....his poor little arm!~~


My poor little boy had his blood taken today. He was a very brave boy though and dealt with it so well.

The nurses were all trying to get out of doing it, nobody wanted to "hurt" my baby boy. The lady that did end up doing it was so relieved that he was ok and not in too much pain. Before she started she said that I didn't have to stay if I didn't want to as it can be quite traumatic to watch. There was no way I was leaving my baby in there alone, imagine how frightened he would have been without his Mummy and being jabbed. So I held him down as I whispered in his ear and kissed his little face.

He cried and sobbed as she took the blood (all 2 viles of it), but once it was over he was fine. He even had a few smiles. So after he had his little bandage put on we headed over to visit the pead.

The pead that we are seeing is Dr Price. He seems nice enough, very thorough and was friendly with Xavier. I told him about everything that has been happening, then he gave him a check over. He checked his ears, throat, tummy and penis. He mentioned that he may have kidney trouble or urinary tract troubles becuase of his partial cicumcision. Apparently an anomoly on the outside of the body can actually mean somethings is wrong inside, so he has asked me to get a wee sample to check.

Xavier's ears seemed fine today, but they have probably cleared up from the A/b's. The Dr has told me to stop giving him the A/b's though as they are probably causing him pain as it is one of the side effects. He has given me a script for another type to use if his ears get infected again. I also have a referral for Xavier to get a ear examination to see if he has any inner ear blockages that are causing him grief. The earliest I could get in for this is the 22nds April, unless a cancellation comes up.

After the Dr had gone over everything he asked me whether there had been any gastro in the family. He said that Xavier may be experiencing stomach pains and that it was can be dangerous in babies. He then mentioned having to keep an eye out for Giardia, so I told him about Duane having it when I was pregnant. His head spun around and he said "this changes everything" I told him that Duane was treated, but he said that we all should have been done. Apparently it can remain dormant in your body and then reinfect those in very close contact. He has put Xavier on medication to treat the Giardia without even having a definate dignosis. He said that it is vital that it is treated, even if it is only a small chance that he has it. I feel a litte uncomfortable about giving Xavier medication for something that is not confirmed but both the Dr and pharmacist have reassurred me that it is ok. The Dr has also said that if Xavier improves dramatically over the weekend to also treat Grace. So I guess we will see how that goes.

One a good note, Xavier has fed ok today. He fed at 6am, 3pm and then at 5.30pm & he was ok with it. I am so glad that he is feeding again. It would have broken my heart not to be feeding him, especially when he is sick. I love giving him "mummy's milk" & all the good antibodies that come with it. Its my own special little medicine.

So now we just wait for the blood results. I am actually dreading it. I have only ever told Duane & Mum this, but I have always thought that something is wrong with Xavier. I'm not sure what, it's just a feeling that I have had for the last few months. I dont' want to give the thoughts too much energy so I push them away, and then this all comes up. I hope that it is just my over active mind and not my intuition.

0 comments: