The nervous wait......

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tomorrow is the official day for the major round offer for Uni. I know last year the offers were released the night before at about 9.30pm, so I'm hoping that the same will happen this year and I will be put out of my misery. My stomach is a knot of nerves and I'm all jittery, just waiting for a computer to spit out the news.

I'm so damn nervous about the result, whichever way it goes. Either I get into my first preference of Bach of Midwifery at Griffith and I'm happy but scared about studying and working with 2 small kids, but knowing that in the long term it will work out perfectly. It'll be hard, but manageable.

On the other hand, I could miss out on a spot and be left wondering what the hell I do for the next year. I'm so ready to be starting something for ME, and although another year at home with the kids is not too bad an alternative, I just want to get stuck into something NOW.

If waiting for the e-mail to come through to say that offers have been made, then I'll no doubt be too anxious to even check Qtac. I know that although my ranking is quite high, it still might not be competitive enough. There are only 50 places being offered, and I've been told about 500 applicants. I also know that there is an allocation of places that have to go to mature age and an amount that have to go to school leavers. I'm just hoping that a lot of those applicants have other courses as their first preference and I scrap in. Only 1 place has been given out in the early round offer, and that applicant had the highest score possible, ter 99. So, it is very competitive but I don't mind taking spot number 50, JUST GIVE ME A DAMN SPOT!!!!

If I do get in, there is so much that I have to organise in the next 2 weeks. Needles to be jabbed, police checks to be done, blue cards to get and to do the CPR course. Thank goodness, my Mum is coming up tonight and will be able to help me out with the kids whilst I'm (hopefully) running around getting everything done.

So, by tomorrow morning I'll either be chucking the biggest adult tantrum around or whooping it up in Office works in a flurry of post-it notes and cool stationary.

But right now, I'm off to pick my Mum up from the airport. The kids are beside themself with excitement and I can't wait to spend the next 3 and a bit weeks with my Mum. Nothing quite like having your Mum around.

Wish me luck.......

1 comments:

Charlene said...

Ohhhhh GOOD LUCK!!!!
I'm nervous for you, will be stalking for news all day tomorrow :)
Best of luck, I'm sure whatever happens 2010 will be amazing for you Kirsten.