This one is usually reserved for when she has done something naughty and I have just reprimanded her, makes staying mad at her hard!
Hoparoos - As much as we tell her they are called kangaroos, she looks at us blankly and keeps jabbering about the 'hoparoos'
"Good house finding Mummy!" - This was said to me as we drove to Mothers group, to a house that I hadn't been to before. Thanks for the positive encouragement Grace
"Oh....that's perfect, how exciting" or "Such a good idea Mum, very clever" - She throws these little pearlers at me when I have just suggested a fantastic idea, like getting a jumper because it's cold outside or brushing our teeth. Just normal everyday stuff.
"Mummy....you are breaking the rules" - As a treat (read: a way to keep her entertained and quiet when out), I sometimes let Grace have a lollipop. She asks every time we go to the shops if she can have one or not, 9 out of 10 times the answer is no. Anyway yesterday she asked again, I said no. She started to chuck a wobbly in the store, I stayed calm and explained to her that she couldn't have one now, but maybe next time. She calmed down and was fine and we talked about not getting one every time we go out. So we were doing the groceries today and she asked again. I firstly said no, but then she said "Grace go shops and get lollipop this time, no crying, Mummy promised" So it seems she remembered what I had said yesterday. So I got one for her and I. I always tell her that she can't chew it, just to suck and I always make sure the she has a drink of water when she finishes to wash away all the sugar. We were both enjoying our lollipop, but I was getting a bit sick of just sucking it so starting crunching into it. Grace looked at me and said, "Mummy, you are breaking the rules....no chewing only sucking"
What could I do? I had been reprimanded by a 2 y/o and she was in the right!"
"Mummy, Gracie not eat her nose bits"
"Mummy.....Gracie playing with it now"
We were driving home when she said to me the first part of this sentence. I glanced back just as she said the second part. Yuck, yuck, but I guess it is an improvement on eating it!
She has taken to carrying around a book and pen lately. The notebook happens to be a sudoku book, she loves trying to copy all the numbers, but mostly pretends that she is writing up her recipes.
She is developing such a wicked sense of humour, I can't even begin to imagine the things that she is going to get up to in later years. She will sure keep me on my toes!
0 comments:
Post a Comment