Shopping, shopping and shopping.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Well I am extremely proud of myself. I managed to get the kids birthday and Christmas presents on layby without having to deal with the horridness that is the Toy Sale. Hallelujah for Target pre-orders and also getting the heads up that Big W's sale would actually start the day before!!!
It was fantastic, I went there at 4pm on the Wednesday quickly layby'd what I wanted and then left. I heard later that it was absolute chaos on the Thursday, lines snaking around the store to the exit. There was NO way I was attempting that with 2 kids. I am not that motivated by toys!!

The kidlets are getting 2 joint presents this year. First off is a new wooden kitchen, I am so in love with it! It's so cute with its microwave, dishwasher, fridge and oven. I am sure that the kids will be cooking up a storm in it. I know it's a bit girly but I think Xavier is man enough to handle it. I can't wait to replace the plastic one that we have now. It's part of operation "ditch the plastic" that Duane and I are in the process of. More on that later





The second is a fold down table thing that will be for the wooden train set that Xavier is getting for his birthday. I wanted something that they can set the train up on, but still be able to fold it away if need be. This is absolutely perfect. We are going to contact over the picture on the table so it doesn't detract from the train set at all. Duane and I are both super excited about playing trains. I imagine that we will be spending many an hour setting up tracks around the lounge room. I imagine there will be lots of, "Xavier, the train track goes together not apart", "It's not for walking on Xavier", Uh-oh, Xavier has de-railed the train again!" Ahh the fun to be had!
So that will be the bulk of the Christmas presents. The kids also have a hand-made stocking with their name on it, which will be filled with all sorts of fun things. For Grace I am thinking craft stuff, undies and maybe some dolls for her doll house. Not sure about X's, probably some wooden blocks, some cars and maybe some new clothes.
Ahh...feels good to get that out of the way without spending too much money!
Now for Grace's birthday we have gotten her a gorgeous doll house.



I know that this is going to be a hit, so lucky it's on layby otherwise I am sure that I would have ripped it open by now and set it up. You see it's me that is eager to play with the doll house, I can't wait. I also know that Grace is going to love it as she plays with the exact same one when we get our hair cut. It's at a private house and the kids have the doll house, it's great cause it keeps Grace amused and in the one spot!! She is going to be over the moon about it. Bring on November!!

It's a certain little boy's 1st birthday in 2 weeks time. I have his present also, a wooden train that magnetises together and also a wooden farm set. I am in denial about it though, so don't want to think about it too much. I am just going to enjoy the last few weeks of babyhood, blissfully happy not thinking about the up-coming event.

Also Xavier is starting to walk more and more. He is getting more confident at toddling between the couches, but still crawling for long distances. It is so cute watching his little waddle. I have video footage now, it is adorable. He is adorable.

Xavier and I also scored some good books today at the Lifeline Annual Bookfest. Oh my goodness, I was in book heaven. Actually I was so overwhelmed with the amount that I probably would have preferred not as many choices. I spent about 1 1/2 hours pouring over the many titles. I was desperately searching for some of my favourite birthing books (Spiritual Midwifery, Active Birth, Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering) but no luck. I really want to build up a stash of trusted birthing books to lend to people. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

I did find some great kids books though. Lots of horse books to quench Grace's insatiable appetite for all things horsey at the moment. I also got a classic "Black Beauty" one, which I can't wait to read to her. I also was on the look out for a copy of "Snuggle pot & Cuddle pie". I did manage to find one but it was a limited edition one with a BIG price tag. As much as I would have loved it I don't really think spending $68 on it would have been ok.

We have a big day planned tomorrow at the Mudgeeraba Show. I have promised Grace horses and animals, so lets hope things go to plan!

0 comments: