Wiggly Day

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Wiggles were at Dreamworld yesterday and as we have annual passes I thought it would be nice to take the 2 kidlets. It's not school holidays, there wasn't a lot of advertising for it & surely people wouldn't just pay to go to watch the wiggles for 1/2 hour, so I really thought it wouldn't be that busy, maybe just pass holders and competition winner. Well was I wrong.....it was absolutely jam packed with under 4's & nearly every single adult has a pram just to add to the crampiness!

We had gotten there early parked our self under a shaded tent just to the right of the stage. I was so thankful that we did get a bit of shade as it turned into a very warm day. So after squeezing the pram into our tight little spot we had the joy of waiting. It was 10am, The Wiggles would not be gracing us with their presence until 11am! Great, how to amuse the kidlets knowing that the littlest one would be wanting booby soon? Grace was happy to munch on a mandarin and gaze around at the squillions of people around her. Xavier was happy to pull his socks half-way off then suck on them!

Jen & Cass were coming too, so when they turned up we had the task of getting them through the crowd into "our" spot, all whilst avoiding the evil glares we were getting from the other sardines packed around us! It was now that Xavier decided he was hungry and wanted a boob. There was nowhere for me to go to feed without giving up our prized seat so either he went without or I had to feed him there. Of course he won, so I sat down on the concrete and gave him a quick feed. The air down there was thick and hot, the view was just a see of legs. Lucky he only wanted a quick feed, I couldn't have sat there for too long - it was claustrophobic.

So once we were all in and comfortable it was a wait until the 4 strange men in bright coloured skivvies showed up. There was a warm up guy, he was just annoying and not appealing to the kids at all. Then finally the time come for Wiggles to come on stage. First they all did a lap around the audience, then up on stage to sing a few of their favourite songs. Now I am not into the Wiggles, and Grace knows who they are but has never watched a Dvd or them on TV. We sung and danced to the songs as best as we could. Grace was more interested in the other characters (Dorothy, the pirate guy and the dog) than the main attractions.

After about 1/2 hour it was all over and the crowds started to disperse. Jen & I took the kids down to the baby farm animals and the girls had a great time feeding them. It was all a little too much for Xav and he crashed in the pram. Grace insisted that we watched the cow being milked, so after that we headed home.

UPDATE ON SICKNESS:

After feeling the worst that I have felt in a long time, I am starting to get better. I have been on A/b's since Monday and they seem to be only making a slight dent in my illnesses now. My throat is still so thick and sore, my ears are blocked, my cough is going but still annoying & the worst now is my sinus's. They are so blocked and nothing I do will clear them. I have been to the chemist and spent $70 on everything they had that I could take when still breastfeeding. So I have sinus flush - the rinse stuff that you pour up one nostril and it is supposed to clear the sinus and then pour out the other nostril. I also have a nose spray that I can use of a night to clear it enough to breathe.

Then I have the prodeine (panadol and 15mg of codeine) that the Dr prescribed to me. I had been only taking 1 a night, but because I felt so crappy yesterday I took 2 last night (the script says I can take 2 x 3 times a day) Anyway, I WILL not be doing that again. The stupid things made be 'high as a kite' and hallucinate madly. About 1 hour after taking them my temp spiked up to 38.5, then slowly came down over the next few hours. I went to bed at about 8.30pm and then it all started. My head felt about 6 times bigger than it was, and it was all fuzzy. When I layed down I started to hear conversations far away in my head, and also music. The feeling was kinda like after being at a nightclub and then going home to silence. Every time I closed my eyes a really bright, realistic vision would come up. It definitely wasn't a dream as I was fully awake. It was so scary as some of the things that I was seeing were horrible and involved my kids. I was too scared to close my eyes so I just layed there with my eyes open, but still the noises where in my head. Then I started seeing things floating around the bedroom. Not sure what they were, but they looked like orange boxes. At one stage they seemed so real that I woke Duane just to double check they weren't really there. It was horrible, but eventually I got to sleep. I did have a great nights sleep though!

So it seems that my little trip might have also sent Xavier a little loopy. He woke the next morning (after having a feed o/night) very chirpy and full of new things. First he woke me up saying "Huuu-woo-woo" (Hello) and then was was standing near the couch and just threw his arms in the air and said "Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah" Not sure, maybe he was catching the flying orange things!! He spent the rest of the morning zooming around and the chattiest I have ever seen him.

0 comments: