Grace is 2 1/2 years old

Tuesday, May 27, 2008


My beautiful, sweet first born is 2 1/2 today.

But instead of celebrating, she is asleep beside me on the couch. Raising her head every 20 mins or so to start crying, then shaking then puking. It seems my little Grace has Mummy's bug from the other night.

It started about 6pm when she started crying and saying her tummy hurt. She then layed down on the couch and said she wanted to sleep, then the vomiting started. So it looks like a long night ahead for us. I'm going to spend the night in the lounge with Grace, I would hate to leave her alone and have her be sick in her sleep.

Ok, so I wanted to write a few things about Grace at 2 1/2.

Grace is growing into such a beautiful girl. She is just gorgeous and amazes me everyday with the new things that she has learnt.

She is developing such a great sense of humour and cracks us all up with the things she says.

"He's MY Daddy first Xavier"

"I don't just think so Mummy"

"Just Kidding Mummy"

"Just the girls shopping, Stinky boys at home"

"Mummy, Mummy, Mummy, Mummy.......KIRSTEN"

"Daddy. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy.........DUANE"

She loves kisses and cuddles, and has just started randomly saying "I love you Mummy" So, So sweet! She is always there to offer a kiss if Xavier has hurt himself, saying "You all right little buddy?"

Grace's manners are just beautiful. She still sometimes needs a prompt, but I get so excited when she says Please & Thank-you without a reminder. She also apologises with a sweet little "Oops sorry, No mean to" If she accidently bumps into someone, it sounds so cute.

Grace's favourite things to do at the moment are helping me to clean, drawing, cutting paper, gluing, making collages, painting, playing in the sandpit, playing shops (with Xavier as the reluctant shop keeper), building lego houses for her animals, bouncing on the trampoline, making cubby houses, fussing over dolly & cooking. She loves playing the role of big sister, bossing Xavier around and making sure he only gets into what he is allowed to.

She's fantastic with the toilet. No accidents at all during the day, she just takes herself off to the toilet whenever she needs to. She goes on the toilet now without the insert, just balances herself. She discovered that she can sit on the toilet and flush it at the same time, I hear her laughing her head off as the water splashes back up to her. She also has developed a funny little habit with the toilet paper. She folds it up ever so neatly before she uses it, I'm a scruncher so not sure where she got that from.



I am so in love with this little girl. Her personality is just gorgoues, I am so blessed that I get to share every day with her. I adore her and can't believe how much she has grown from the tiny, precious newborn that I first met. I love that we can have conversations now & most of the time I understand what she is on about. I love that she is expressing her emotions and learning more about herself.

My beautiful Grace, I love you all the way to the moon, and back.

0 comments: