Xavier still enjoys his day sleeps, usually going for his first sleep at 8am-9.30am & then again from 12.30pm-1.30pm. We have had a few days of trying him on just the one day sleep, but he struggles staying up for so long. I have only done it when he has slept in of a morning and hasn't been ready to go back to sleep so early, so I was trying to get him to have the same sleep time as Grace. I prefer him to have the 2, but I also need them to sleep at the same time during the day, that's my break time!!
He goes to sleep so well, sometimes a bit of a grumble but most of the time just quietly slips off to la-la land. I lay him down (on his tummy) and he just stares at the side of the cot. Sometimes he just wants to play and we spend a few minutes walking back in to lay him down again, but eventually sleep wins. Xavier is still waking for his milk overnight. We have a nice snuggle in bed while he has a feed, then depending on if I can be bothered or not, he either goes back to his bed or stays with us. If he gets a little fidgety and won't sleep, he goes back to his bed and 99% of the time goes straight off to sleep. Xavier is still enjoying mornings, and loves to wake at the crack of dawn (5.30am AHHHHH...too early) If Mummy is still to tired to function, he goes onto her bedroom floor for a play and to read his books.
Xavier is trying so hard to talk and is busy mastering new words. He says Mum all the time now, and I really think that he knows it's me he is talking about!! He comes up to me saying, "Mumma, Mumma" Gosh it's adorable. He has said what sounds like dog a few times, not sure if he meant it or not. He loves copying the sounds that Grace makes, that includes the squealing ones too.
My little boy has discovered the joy of kissing. When I give him a kiss he leans in and opens his sweet little mouth ready. I love it! Also now when I say kiss to him he smacks his lips together and makes a gorgeous little kissing sound.
Grace & I are always singing 'twinkle, twinkle' and doing the hand actions, and now it seems Xavier has picked up on it. He scrunches his little fists up and open and closes them as we sing. I am so in awe of what he is learning, his little brain must be working in overdrive!
We are both still going well with breastfeeding. Xavier has somehow worked it all out so he only feeds morning, lunch time and just before bed. They are only very quick feeds, but I have no doubt that he is getting exactly what he needs. He is such a wriggly feeder and most of the time worms his way around that much that he is sitting up right on my knee and still feeding.
Xavier, I absolutely adore you. You continue to amaze and intrigue me with your funny little ways. I am so in love with you and although I love seeing you grow and learn; I really want to freeze time for a little bit. I am not ready for you to be nearly 1, nor for your baby days to be over. So lets just take the next month very slowly hey? It's all going a little too quick for Mummy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment