The husband is not coming home till after 7pm and I've been up with the kids since before 6am. That's a long day and my patience is testament to how draining the day has been.
The kids are outside with the slide backed up to the trampoline. I've glanced out, and I think they are jumping from the top of the slide onto the trampoline. I know that trampoline accidents are one of the main reasons for kids presenting to emergency, but right now I don't care. I am getting a nano-second to get dinner ready, so they can go nuts.
The back door has been open and closed a gazillion times by the offspring as they flit in between going all kamikaze on the trampoline and stomping sand all over the already grainy floor. The flies have taken the opportunity to get in, due to the constantly opened door, and have taken residence all through my kitchen.
I decided to take my aggression out on the pesky flying black things, swatting them in every direction, then smelt chemicals burning. I looked over and my hotplates are all burning bright red, with my favourite large and very expensive Tupperware fridgesmart smouldering away on top. Seems when I turned the oven on to put the batch of muffins the brats and I just made, one of them switched all the hot plates on. Not.Happy.At.All.
I've just undone a tin of tuna and managed to spill all the juice over me. Xav just spilt a mixture of ice and water all over the floor. And I've just gone against all my chemical beliefs and sprayed the damn flies with fly spray. My stir fry is verging on being uneatable, cause I had to rush out and get the clothes off the line before it rained. My mouth is aching from having a random piece of bone removed earlier today. Seems there was some left over from a few months ago when I had my molar extracted. I was offered a needle to get the bone out, but the thought of another needle prick this week was all too much. The dentist used a numbing gel and just pulled the bloody thing out whilst I did my best dee breathing to get through the pain. It was all over quick and the pain wasn't too bad.
Hubby better not be late home and better present with some serious apologies.
On the upside, I went to a craft morning at Silkwood and made a felt/wood Mary doll that's going to be part of a Nativity scene.
A long day.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh dear :( What a day!!! Hope Duane was holding a big bunch of flowers (not chocolate lol) when he finally got home!
Post a Comment