Return of the day sleep

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ok so we went 2 days with NO day sleep from Grace! She was fine all day too, not tired at all! But today she woke up at 5am and was so tired all morning. I took her out to mothers group in the hope that she would get really tired and have a sleep when we got home. She had fun playing with Leah and Cassie, they all got on really well! She didn’t fall asleep in the car on the way home, I thought that she would. Once we got home I put Xavier to bed and then tried to get Grace to go too. It took about 30 mins but she finally went off to sleep! YEY I really don’t want to her to stop her day sleep, but I have promised myself not to get too stressed if she does!

Xavier has gone to bed the last 2 nights alot easier! I have tried a different approach. I now feed him some rice cereal at about 5pm, then he has a bath, boob at 5.30pm, then I let him have a play on the floor for about ½ hour. At about 6pm I take him to bed and just lay him down with his dummy. He usually only needs me to give him a few pats and then he goes off and stays asleep. I have also had success resettling him of a night when he wakes. Last night he woke at 12pm, so I gave him a quick feed and then he woke again at 4pm so I fed him again. He then went off to sleep in my bed until 5am when Grace woke!! Duane put him back into his bed and Grace came into me so I could sleep a little longer. Xavier just chatted and laughed to himself until we all got up at 6am! I realised then why he wouldn’t go back to sleep! He had done the biggest, smelliest poo! A yucky solids poo!! I totally forgot how horrible poo is when they start having more than milk! Yesterday Xavier had some banana and sucked on a nectarine (ate most of it!) He also had his rice cereal. He absolutely loves the food and opens his mouth wide and gobbles it all up!!

Grace and Xavier are starting to play well together now. Grace is being alot more gentle and considerate, and she seems to know when she is doing something wrong now. If I am beside her always reminding her to be gentle she is fantastic. I notice that when she gets tired or too hyped up thats when she start the pushing, hair pulling etc. But I can leave them both alone together now as long as grace is in the right mood! I love seeing them play together! Grace has also started taking toys off Xavier, but I have been encouraging her to get him another one if she takes it. She is going great with this too! Quite often she gives him back the toy or gets another one and says “here you go Xavier”

0 comments: