I really need to brush the cobwebs out of here, but every time I come in I get overwhelmed! I've had so much that I want/need to blog about, but trying to work out where to start after such a long break has been weighing me down. So, I thought I'd just plonk something down to break the ice.
My little boy just cracks me up at the moment! I meant to blog ages ago about his funny little habit of slipping the word "actually" into every sentence, sometimes twice. He managed it seamlessly for about a month, but stopped suddenly a few weeks ago. After quizzing him on it, he said that he'd overheard me telling someone, and was a bit upset so stopped. Oops! I "actually" thought it was very cute, and it just proves again to me how strong willed my little boy is - he stopped immediately!
Some other funny little Xavier moments. He told me the other morning that he wanted to start a rock band and travel the world. When I asked him where in the world he's be travelling he said "Africa, Trude's place, Logan's place, Nanny's place - all over the world!" He's allocated himself to the drums and lead singer, whilst Daddy will be on the maracas, Grace on the tambourine and I'm on the keyboard. We are going to travel around with Xav the self labelled "rockstar". Sounds like fun hey!
There are many more funny Xav moments, but it's hard to remember them all. I spend most of the day laughing with him or engaged in deep, thought provoking conversation. He is the coolest kid to talk too and sometimes the way he analyses and thinks about things just blows my mind! He's been so patient and understanding over the last few weeks as I've been spending lots of time on assignments and study. He plays happily with his cars/lego/planes/bike only bothering me only for something to eat. Sometimes, I can tell he's so desperate for someone to play with though - so I have a break and immerse myself into his little world. To see his whole face light up and his play get even more animated when I'm pretending to be the voice for a car or whatever job I've been given, is just beautiful. He still misses Grace crazily when she is at school, and although he is quite happy to play by himself, when she is here they are in their own little universe together. They play so wonderfully together, and the thought and imagination that oozes out when they do is beautiful.
Xav is such a loving and cuddly little boy. Every day he tells me he loves me (although today he told me that Rockstars don't kiss their mummies!). Every night, without fail, he still sneak into our bed and hops in beside me for a cuddle - which I love.
Xavier
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Posted by Kirsten at Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay welcome back! Xav sounds like such a little character. My Xav used to say 'actually' all the time too which used to make us laugh.
Can't believe how busy you are! You are such a superstar!!
xxx
Post a Comment