Today was spent comforting a sick little boy who has a mouthful of ulcers. We all had a horrible night last night as Xav spent the majority of it miserable, crying and writhing around in frustration at the pain in his mouth. I was woken at 5.30am to the sounds of him vomiting, and lucky there was a towel in close reach otherwise I would have been wearing it. I'm hoping that the ulcers are the extent of the illness and it doesn't develop into hand, foot and mouth that is being currently shared around our group of friends. Xav had it about 18 months ago, and I was under the impression that you normally only got it the once, but google has since told me otherwise.
Grace and I have been playing nurse all day, whilst Xav has layed on the couch alternating between watching play school and napping. He's managed to fit in a few bowls of jelly and custard, (nutritional no?) but was rather peeved when his favourite mango sorbet irritated his mouth and so he couldn't eat it. Grace has been refreshing a cold washer for his head, making sure he is drinking lots of water and playing with Xav's hair, on his request.
Grace has spent the day amusing herself whilst I did all the washing (nothing better than getting all your washing done, dried and put away on the same day) cleaned out our room, finished organising the study and a general clean up. She does have a slight obsession with board games at the moment, so the day was scattered with games of trouble and guess who. We also made a beautiful crusty loaf of bread to accompany the mostly organic roast pumpkin soup we made for dinner. It was beautiful, and the bread was even more delicious as it was topped with butter that the kids and I made yesterday - Yum!
Xav perked up towards the end of the day, even venturing outside for a play. His appetite never really returned though, but he was happy to suck on ice so must be on the mend. Tomorrow will be another quiet day at home, which I am actually really enjoying.
~~The ulcer on one side of Xav's tongue and another under his top lip~~
3 comments:
Oh GAWD!!!! That is awful. Poor poor little honey. xxxxxxx
Aurora and Dashiel have both had something similar, some mystery mouth thing caused by a virus which even caused their gums to swell up so badly you almost couldn't even see their teeth.
I understand the heartbreak of watching your child struggling with the pain of it.
All prayers and get well vibes to your beautiful boy. xxxx
Thanks Ave xx
He's a lot better today, evident by the constant stream of food entering his mouth!
Ouch, looks awful :(
Post a Comment