Most morning, I wake to this beautiful site. My 2 gorgeous kiddies, tucked up in bed right beside me. The times they come in overnight are random, and lately Xav has been wanting to stay in his bed all night, but then he always comes in for a morning cuddle. I adore it! Nothing better than cuddling up to my dearest children, then having chats and giggles once the sun comes up.
Today was an extra special Mummy & Daughter day. I'd booked tickets for Grace and I to go see the summer youth production at the Arts centre. The play was Beauty and the Beast, and having never watched or known anything about it, we were both very excited!
It was also the perfect opportunity for Grace to get all dressed up in the special outfit the Pengs had bought her for her birthday. Complete with sparkly-diamond shoes, flashy headpiece and jewel bracelet - she looked absolutely gorgeous!
We went early and enjoyed a babycino (for Grace) and Chai Latte (for me) beforehand. We chatted about her starting school soon, and she revealed that although she was so very excited, she was a little nervous too.
~~Grace 5yrs~~
The play was fantastic and we both loved it! Some bits I had to explain to Grace as a lot was conveyed through singing, but mostly she got it. She especially loved that there were lots of French words spoken, she has a little love affair with the French language partly because of the Truets and also from her most loved Fancy Nancy books. So lots of "Oh laa laa's" and "Voila's" kept her enthralled and smiling. She was also mesmerised by the beautiful Bella and all her wonderful Princess dresses, and especially by the turning of the beast into a Prince. The kissing scene turned her into a giggling mess, hands clasped over face and little eyes peeking through.
I was very impressed with how professional the production was and will definitely be keeping an eye out for any others.
0 comments:
Post a Comment