Semester 1 results

Monday, July 5, 2010

Woohoo results are up and I'm pleasantly surprised.

After feeling like I flunked one exam after a very blase attempt at study, I actually did alright. I ended up with a Distinction for Anatomy and Physiology, and High Distinctions for the 3 other subjects. So, a GPA of 6.75 - with 7 being the top, I'm really happy with that!

I'm finding it a bit hard to comprehend that I've completed a full time semester at Uni and done ok. Out of the 11 assessment items this semester, I managed to pull off 8 High distinctions and 3 Distinctions - not bad for a "mature age" student!! After the first few results, I figured I just got lucky. Maybe I fluked it, but now, I'm thinking I might be able to do this - successfully!

It's been tough, but doable. My whole family has had a big adjustment to make, but it seems we have come to the other side relatively unscathed. Now, this could just be a semester break fantasy here, far away from the many stressful moments over the last 5 months!

I've actually decided to only do 2 subjects next semester. With the subjects I have already done, I've got a selection rank of 88, and I need a 90 to get into Midwifery. If I do 4 more subjects, I'd get in easily. But I don't want to just do subjects to do that, if I can get away with less subjects. It means less time, less money and less stress. I figure if I do 2 subjects, and do really well It'll give me 94. It also gives me a little room for movement, just in case I don't do as well. I could get 2 credits and still have a rank of 92, which should be good enough. I'm also happy with the alternative if I don't get into Midwifery. I'll just keep plodding along with Nursing (which I actually quite enjoy!), and I'll just swap between full time and part time as the need arises. I'll then look into dong Midwifery post grad.

Either way is going to suit be fine! And it means that Grace's last year at home, will be relatively easy and stress free. Also, her first year at school (sob, sob!!) depending on what course I'm doing, I'll be only doing 1 or 2 subjects. Perfect.

It might take me a while, but I'm on the way!

0 comments: