Why?

Monday, October 20, 2008

Why did my darling husband not try harder yesterday to get the kids to have an afternoon sleep? Sure it was Sunday and he wanted to spend the day with them whilst I went out, but sleep is necessary.

They very rarely miss it and if they do it is hell for me the following day, resulting in lots of whingeing from all of us and me succumbing to copious amount of chocolate.

Why do my children not sit still? Even for one millisecond?

I am forever chasing them both, saving whoever's house we are at from mass destruction. They still manage to get into mischief even in a fully child-proof home. Seems houses can be child-proofed, just not Penney-kid proofed. Actually the main culprit at the moment is Mstr X. If there is a button to be pressed, drawer to be opened, Tv to be turned on or anything else that he isn't supposed to be into, he is your Man. I would just to sit down for 1 second and not have to think about what they are getting into. Apparently (from wise mother Julie) I get to relax when they are adults. Yay!! But why are other kids not into everything like they are? Is it something that I have inbred into them? Surely if I dared to have a third they would be the type that just sat on the floor reading books and being all cute and quiet? Surely!

Why does the person that could help me the most live so far away?

I just want my MUM. I see others with Mothers around that fuss over them and help out so much with the kids and I am insanely jealous. I want my Mum to pop in and say that she will take one (or both!!) of the kids out for a bit. I'd love to be able to pack an overnight bag for Grace and wave goodbye to her as she heads out to spend the night with Nanny. Sure I would miss her, but I know that she would have a fantastic time.

But as much as they are driving me up the wall today, it's all OK.

Grace knows that I am over-it today and no doubt she is feeling my tension, she just came up to me and said,
"I love you so much Mummy"

And tomorrow is another day.

0 comments: