The last few days have just been a whirl of tiles, glass mosaic's and bathroom accessories.
The tiler came out Monday night to measure everything up and quote us for the bathroom reno. The price was right so we booked him then and there.....for Monday the 15th September. As I am going to Tasmania on Sunday, it meant that I only had the rest of this week to look for tiles etc. Now, I am the type of person that likes to hunt, search and rummage to get the absolute best bargain. It horrified me to think that I might have to (*shock horror*) go into only one place to make my purchase, not the usual hundred.
The tiler told us about a place that he recommends, but it is 1/2 hour away, so I hastily looked around our area first.
I really lack any type of design/colour skills, so I was hoping that the salesperson that I happened to get had some clue.
After looking at the endless combinations, I finally settled on what I think looks ok. We are going with 200 x 300 white gloss tiles for the walls, 200 x 200 chocolate gloss tiles for the floor. There will also be a feature running through the middle using glass mosaic tiles in jade green, chocolate and latte colours. The toilet and laundry is also being tiled in the same colours. The splashback in the kitchen is going to be in 600 x 600 polished porcelain in a latte colour.
So there you go, seems I can just go to one place and get it all organised. I even managed to get a fairly large discount, which keeps me happy!
So now the next problem is handing over the management reigns to hubby whilst I am in Tassie. That scares me! Organising is not one of his strong points, I might give the tiler my mobile number just in case he needs to reconfirm anything. Or is that a little control freaky???
Oh, and on a totally different subject, I finally braved it and went for my pap smear yesterday. My Dr is a gem, warmed up her hands, warmed up the speculum, was gentle and made polite small talk the whole time. It went as well as a scratch of my cervix could, I'm just glad it's over with for another 2 years. Duane was a little jealous that I hadn't shaved my legs for ages but managed to do it for the Dr!
Bathroom Reno
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Posted by Kirsten at Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment