It's Christmas Eve and everything is ready for the big day - we just have to wait for Santa to come! We checked the Santa Tracker just before the kids went to bed and he had just left the North Pole - Yay!
I'm loving that Christmas Eve falls on a Saturday as it means Duane is home to help amuse the children and help with all the preparations for the big day tomorrow. We've had a nice relaxing day, but still managed to get lots done. I've made mini Christmas pudding balls, a big pavlova from scratch, custard with the left over egg yolks for the trifle I'm constructing tomorrow and wrapped all the presents.
The kids were very excited when the picked out the little note from the Advent calendar tonight as it said they could open 1 present each. What a coincidence that we all got the same thing - new Pj's and a candy cane! We'd usually head out looking at Christmas lights in our new Pj's, but it's been raining all afternoon, so decided to stay in watching the carols on TV instead.
Xavier was very excited to put out his magical reindeer food that he'd made at pre-school. Grace made up individual little plates for each of the reindeer and put them out the front with a bowl of water.
After the children were tucked up in bed and fast asleep, all the presents from us were put under the tree. Santa dropped his off later in the night, and after I heard him leave, I snuck out and took a photo!
| ~~Santa's presents wrapped in red and green and the 2 stockings filled up~~ |
0 comments:
Post a Comment