Date night

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grace had a social dilemma tonight.  Should she attend the "guaranteed to be awesome" bowling birthday party with Mstr Cooper or attend her schools bush dance.  After much deliberation, the thought of boot-scooting the night away with all her school friends won over.  Duane was going to stay home with Xav and watch the first game of the Suns (happening just up the road) and Grace and I were going to kick up our heels.

Except.  I got damn sick.  I've felt like I've been fighting off a cold for the last week, but then Thursday night I came down with body aches and a sore head.  Friday it turned into a full blown head cold, with sinus pain thrown in for good measure.  After the school run and pre-school drop, I came home, and changed back into my Pj's then spent the rest of the day on the couch sleeping, drinking loads of water and popping echinacea pills.

Today has been along the same lines.  I was hoping to feel better by this afternoon, but didn't so sent Duane along to the bush dance in my place.  I let Xav pick dinner, and he chose Pancakes - so that's what we had.  We cooked pancakes then ate them with Jam and maple syrup - Xav was in heaven!!!  Then he wanted to watch his birth Dvd (it's something he like watching often) so we had a cuddle a re-visited that magical time in both of our lives.  Afterwards we got into our Pj's then headed out to the ice-cream shop (Mc d's!) drive-through for a soft serve for Xav and a caramel sundae for me!  To complete the romanticness of our date, we headed up to the top of the outlook to watch the Gold Coast lights, and eat our ice-cream.  Xav loved sitting up in the front seat of the Torago, eating his ice-cream and pointing out all the familiar landmarks.  We could also see the new AFL stadium all lit up and ready for the inaugural game which was starting up soon.  I have got some photos to add in here, but that would require getting off the couch and I really can't be bothered.

**Duane has just walked in the door with a very exhausted Grace in his arms.  They apparently had a wonderful night eating, dancing and mingling.  Duane with all the yummy food and basically did a progressive dinner - loaded baked potato, soup and bread, curry, cupcakes and popcorn.  Grace had a a blast dancing with all her friends and running amok around the school in the dark.  I'm upset I missed it because of this damn cold, but there is always next year.

0 comments: