Grandma saves the day!

Friday, November 5, 2010

I've got exams in about 3 weeks, so my levels of procrastination are once again reaching an all time high.  I've spent the last week paper shuffling, photocopying, stapling and sorting - not studying.  I figured I'd cram the weeks worth of study into yesterday when I'd just have Xav and then today when both kids are at pre-school.

There were a few things I didn't factor into my schedule though - mainly everyone getting sick and a husband that was working from 5am-6pm both days.  Wonderful.

Duane had man-flu all last week, which means he runs to any tablet he can find to get the quick fix.  Problem was, that mixing his drugs left him in all over hives and on a course of steroids.  I did try to negotiate the steroids from him, but he wasn't sharing and wanted them all to himself.  I did find him scoffing them down and then launching into a million sit-ups - not really sure what he was trying to achieve there. 

Grace was next to succumb to the cold, and in true Gracie style through in a few vomits for good measure.  That girl can not get a whiff of any sickness without resorting to spewing.  It was just a damn cold, and yet she spent the night complaining of a sore throat and heaving into a bucket.  I got it next, however being the one with the highest tested pain threshold, it didn't bother me too much.  Xav, obviously with his mothers hardiness, also caught the cold but took it in his stride and didn't let it stop him at all.  He did end up with a lovely dose of conjunctivitis in both eyes, which have cleared up now.  I was contemplating asking Trude for some breast milk, but went to the Dr instead and got some drops.

So yesterday was spent amusing small children.  They are so good at playing by them self, but it's the constant interruptions for food etc that mess with my study flow.  They spent most of the day making a mess things.  I gave them the huge plastic tub of craft things and they let loose creating lots of interesting pieces of art.  They did spend a few hours in the afternoon watching a Dvd, but that allowed me to get a bit of school stuff done in peace, so I was happy.

Today lovely Grandma came up for the morning to keep them entertained and out of my hair.  They did all sorts of wonderful crafts; making a spider and some roll people.  I locked myself in the study and immersed myself in the world of nephrons, recessive genes and reproduction.

 





Thank goodness for Grandma!

0 comments: