Phew! First one down!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well I've just crossed one of my University milestones and sat my very first exam. I've had 2 quizzes already and a reference portfolio, and although they are all assessable, it's the exams that are scary! It was a tough exam too, Anatomy, which has a really high failure rate. Eeeekkkk!!!!

I've put in the work though, so I'm expecting to at least pass. I'd love to say I'm aiming for D's or even HD's, but really I'm not prepared to put that sort of pressure on myself at the moment. I'll find out in about 2 weeks how I went, which will also give me an idea about how well I'll have to do in the next anatomy exam. They break Anatomy up halfway and then have an exam, otherwise if it was left to the end of the semester it would be such a huge and comprehensive exam and a high chance that everything at the start would be forgotten. So what we were examined on today will not be re-examined, just all the new content that we learn from now on. SO MUCH TO LEARN!!!!

I've got a very busy few weeks coming up. There is another exam next Saturday for Psychosocial, an essay due in 2 weeks, a group presentation in 2 weeks and then another exam in 2 weeks. I just can't believe how quick the time is flying and how suddenly the assessments are due. I'm probably about half way through my essay, and I've promised myself that tomorrow I'll dedicate to getting that nearly finished. I need all next week to cram for my next exam, as I've dedicated most of my study time to anatomy, to the detriment of the other 3.

Apart from the stress of all the assessments, I'm still really enjoying studying. It's great getting the mind active and learning new and interesting things. It's just finding the right balance that is tough, and something that I'm working on.

The kids are great. Loving spending the time with Grandma. Xav has 2 days by himself just with Wendy, and they love getting out and about together. Wendy took him along on Tuesday to get her blood tests done, which I thought was very brave of her, but she said he is a perfect child with her and she loves all the comments she gets about how well behaved he is. She says she is constantly stopped when she has the kids and told how well mannered they both are, which she loves. She had the kids today whilst I had my exam and Duane played in the Club Championship for golf, and even braved taking them on a bus trip! Granted, it was only a 5 minute trip to the shops, but still a courageous move! The kids loved it and have made Grandma promise that there will be more bus adventures. They have a bus/train trip planned for next Thursday, where they are heading to Westfield and Duane will pick everyone up at the end.

My already low housework standards have had to take another slip down the ladder. This past week has been frantic and there are a long list of household chores that we will all need to catch up on tomorrow. The washing machine has even had to go quicker to keep up, and it's been mainly used on express wash, just to get everything done in the limited available time. Duane is spending most afternoons taking the kids to the park and wearing them out, only doing "boy cleans" around the house, so plenty to catch up on.

Last weeks camping trip was beautiful and relaxing. It was timed perfectly too, exactly when we needed to regroup and spend some quality time together. The Il's came along too, so baby sitters a-plenty when I needed to study. I did get a little bit done, but didn't stress too much about concentrating on it too much cause I really needed some time with the kids.

It's another busy week coming up, best get back to it.

0 comments: