Sick Grace

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


My poor little Grace is sick.

It started yesterday morning as we were rushing around getting ready to take Nanny to the airport. Grace wasn't her usual perky self when she woke and just wanted to lay on the couch. She wasn't talking and kept saying that her head was sore.

I knew that something was up as she is normally so happy and chatty, butwe still had to get Nanny to the airport so I bundled her up in the car with a bucket and towel and off we headed.

She slept on and off in the car trip, then once we arrived at the airport she started crying. Nanny got to her in time, just as she vomited everywhere. She perked up a little after that, and still insisted on going in to see Nanny off. We popped her in the pram and headed in to the airport. We only stayed a bit, just to have a cuddle and say goodbye and then we headed home again.



All day yesterday Grace layed on the couch, moaning and vomiting. She slept in our bed last night, and thankfully had a good night with no spewing. She still isn't well today though and has spent the whole day on the couch moaning and vomiting. She cries if I move away from her and has asked that I keep one hand on her at all time, so I'm stuck on the couch too unless she falls asleep.

I'm worried about her dehydrating, but she will only have a suck on the hydralytle icy-pole and then doesn't want it. She is crunching on ice-chips and having sips of water, but most of this is coming back up again. Her only demands are whimpering for a constantly cold washer to hold on her head and her ice chips refilled. She's running a slight temp, but it's staying constant and hopefully the temp is doing it's job of burning out the nasty bacteria. She's stopped complaining of stomach cramps, and apart from the vomiting and listlessness, seems relatively comfortable.



I'm not really sure why she always gets the bugs that make her vomit. She's had this a few times now, where she gets sick but no-one else does, so I'm doubtful that it's gastro. I'll see how she goes over the rest of today, and if she doesn't seem to be getting any better I'll take her to the Dr. It's times like this where I'd love to be able to express a few cups of breast milk and feed it to her, it's magical stuff and wonderful to line empty sore bellies.

Xav is being awesome through all this. Probably due to the back to back episodes of playschool that he is enjoying! He is proving how self sufficient he really is; going off to the toilet by himself (only calling out for bum wipes!), helping himself to the fridge and pantry (he did find the stash of tiny teddies Nanny left though), selecting and changing over the playschool Dvd's and generally entertaining himself. It's bucketing down outside, so a lovely day to be relaxing at home watching movies and cuddling on the couch. I'm planning on watching Pride and Prejudice when Xav retires for his nap after lunch. Apart from that I'm spending lots of time on the couch, one hand on Grace and the other browsing the internet, trying to get everything organised for the 1st March...Eeeeekkkkk!

1 comments:

Averil said...

Oh, she is beautiful. So beautiful. Feel better soon gorgeous girl. xxxx