I've just tucked my little boy into bed for the last time as a 1 year old.
In a little over 5 hours my second born baby will be officially 2 and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for his babyhood. It felt like I blinked and it was over, one day I was birthing him and now he is a little person - it all has happened way too quickly.
I'm loving the kids stages at the moment, but I'm also finding it hard to wrap my head around not having a baby to look after. Tomorrow I'll have a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old, it's all a little strange.
Anyway, tomorrow should be a fun and exciting day. We are heading out for breakfast with the kids then either up the mountain or down the beach, depending on the weather. Xav will be so excited to see Duane when he wakes, it's a very rare occasion that Daddy is here of a morning! Duane always takes the kids birthdays off work, which we all love.
I'm off to bed, I think I might scoop the little boy out of his bed and into mine. I need to have him near me tonight as I try to steal his last hours of babyhood.
I'm also going to put the camera beside my bed and Duane's set the alarm at 4.07am so I can take a picture at the time Xav was born. Slightly pathetic, but one of my rituals as I remember their birth day.
Good night my baby Xav
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at Thursday, July 16, 2009
Labels: Growing up, Xavier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thats so sweet, love the birth time photo, made me go awwww:)
thats so sweet, love the birth time photo, made me go awwww:)
sorry, i commented twice:)
A bit belated but happy birthday to your big boy!
Wow 2...Frankie is 2 in a few weeks time and I can't believe it.
Hope he had a great birthday (looks like he did from your photos!).
Post a Comment