Somethings wrong with my sweet little girl.
It all started last Wednesday night. I'd gotten back from having my tooth extracted and in my Adrenalin induced coma, fell asleep and left Duane in charge of kiddies.
He made them a "Daddy" dinner of oven-baked salmon and chips, their plates were void of anything of the green variety. They were happy though!
The kids gobbled it all up with gusto, pleading Duane for more salmon and stealing some of his plate. At one stage Grace gave a little cough and spat some chips out, but seemed ok afterwards.
At about 9pm (I was still asleep, but could vaguely hear), Grace started screaming and complaining that her chest hurt. She came and hopped in bed with me, screaming the whole time. She was clutching her chest and yelling that she wanted her water. I initially thought that she had a sore throat, but she kept insisting that it was her chest. After about an hour of on-off screaming, we suspected that it may have been a fish bone so Duane called Med call.
I was still feeling like crap, thanks to the gaping wound in my mouth, so Duane took Grace out into the lounge to wait for the Dr. I fell back asleep - attentive mother that I am.
By the time the Dr came, she was crashed out asleep on the lounge. He had a listen to her chest, which all seemed ok. Duane asked if it could be a fish bone, and he said it very well could be and maybe it was lodged the bottom of her throat. He said that it could pass through ok, but if she got worse to take her to emergency. He also suggested to use Ventolin, which could enlarge the airways and let it pass easier.
She was ok for the rest of the night and the next day, so we figured if it was the bone, it had passed.
Thursday night I was heading to Robina to finish getting a few things for Trude's baby shower on the weekend. I'd been there a little over half hour when Duane called all distressed with a screaming Grace in the background. She was displaying exactly the same symptoms as the night before, but this time saying the pain was in her tummy. The poor little thing sounded like she was in so much pain and becoming more distressed. Duane couldn't take her anywhere as I had the car with the seats, so he quickly called Trude to come watch Xav and I headed home to pick them both up and head to emergency. Trude and I both walked in the front gate at the same time, and lo and behold, Grace was asleep on the couch.
I roused her out of the sleep, trying to see if she was still in pain. She seemed completely fine though, even after an hour.
This morning she still seemed fine so I took the kids out to do some shopping. I bribed them both with a small packet of plain chips, plonked them in the trolley and went about getting what I needed. Xav couldn't contain his excitement as he stuffed his face full of saturated fats, Grace on the other hand had a nibble of her chips and then said she didn't want anymore. She started to get whingy and kept saying that she wanted to go home to sleep. It was only 10.30am, and considering she hadn't got out of bed until 8am I thought this was a little unusual. She looked a little pale and very tired, so I rushed around and got everything then left. I still had to get a few things from Target, so we quickly ran in and got them then headed home. She was still saying she just wanted to sleep, and as soon as she was in the car she went straight to sleep.
I transferred her to the couch when we got home and she slept for about 1/2 hour. For the rest of the afternoon she just wasn't' herself. She didn't want me leaving her at all, crying for me to come back. She kept complaining of tummy pains and was just generally miserable. I was starting to think that it was an attention thing, as when I left her she would get worse, but when I came back to her she seemed better. I asked if she was pretending to be sick, but she insisted that she didn't feel well.
Duane & I took her to the Dr in the afternoon, but she couldn't work out what was up. She thought maybe it was reflux, the only other suggestions she had was Diabetes or Kidney Stones - which she didn't think it was. We left with strict instructions to get a urine sample, and if she seemed to get worse to go straight to emergency.
She spent the rest of the day laying on the couch, feeling miserable. She wasn't hungry, but was drinking so much water. Overnight she was fine, but then again this morning she was miserable and complaining that her stomach/chest hurt. She told Duane that she had a bad taste in her mouth, but couldn't really explain anything else.
I left her with Duane this afternoon as I was going to Trude's baby shower. We thought we would see how she was, and if she wasn't getting better we would take her to Emergency and maybe get an ultrasound or blood tests or something. Duane said over the afternoon she slowly perked up and by the time I got home she was back to nearly normal. She did tell me that she had a sore vagina, and it was hot and burning when she wees - so I really think she's had a UTI. We did manage to catch some wee, so hopefully if she did, that will show up.
She's just gone to bed now and I'm hoping that she's over whatever it is.
Somethings up
Friday, June 19, 2009
Posted by Kirsten at Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment