~~After his 2nd ever haircut - a little prison like?~~
Holy Crapola, my sweet little baby boy is 21 months and you know what that means? We don't have much longer talking in "months", soon he will be 2 and then it's all about the years. I am finding it really hard to believe that I have a 3 y/o and a nearly 2 y/o - No babies in the house is just strange! Well until cluckiness overcomes me and I MUST.HAVE.ONE. Hopefully that's not for a few years though, I'm really enjoying having 2 older kids.
Anyway, Back to Xav.
He's such a cheeky little ratbag, who makes me laugh all day long. I am so in love with this little boy and all his mischievous ways, he is just trouble wrapped up in a cute little package.
He loves his food, driving us all batty with his constant requests for more. If he wants some thing to eat now he comes and drags me by the hand to the pantry or fridge asking "Mum, more" He is such a great eater and eagerly gobbles up most things that we give him. He has inherited his big sisters connoisseur tastes and enjoys olives straight from the jar, feta, seaweed sheets and frozen peas and corn (straight from the freezer!) The kids still think that sushi is a treat and they both love getting their special avocado sushi whenever we go shopping.
Xav is going great guns at feeding himself and is a master at the spoon and fork. He's just starting using his knife but still finding it a bit hard to cut things himself. He insists on trying though and WILL NOT let us cut any of his food up for him until he has given it a good shot, then defeated, asks us to cut it up. He has a few funny quirks in regards to food which sometimes makes life interesting. He insists on peeling his own bananas, which is fine EXCEPT he will then not eat it if it is broken. DO you know how hard it is for a 1 y/o to peel a banana and for it not to snap? Consequently I am handed lots of broken bananas to eat!
Toilet training is still going great. Xav always tells us if he needs to poo, but not always remembering when he needs to wee. He generally has a wee accident every second day, usually when I have forgotten to take him or if he is engrossed in playing. I'm not fussed about that though, he'll eventually not have any. He sometime wakes of a night and asks to go to the toilet, which is amazing. The next morning he'll wake with a dry nappy, but I find it a little crazy to think that he wants to night train so I'll keep the nappies on! We did have our first wee accident out last week. Poor little Xav was excitedly looking at the matchbox cars in Coles, picking out one for his Daddy to buy. Must have been a bit much for him though, cause then he looked down and a puddle started forming at his feet. I was in the aisle over getting my magazine fix when Duane yelled out for me to come over. Duane was horrified and as he was too embarrassed to tell the staff he sent me to go organise a mop and bucket. I just laughed, I'm sure they get it all the time.
Xav loves pretend play. He's constantly emptying out boxes or dragging out my washing baskets and pretending that they are cars. I'll often hear him chatting away to himself and then realise that he has made a pretend pool and is "splashing" in the water. He is always making food and drinks for me in the kitchen, rushing over with cups of tea or plates of toast or cake.
He loves jumping and often sets up the lounge room into a big jumping arena! Climbing up on the top of the couch and launching himself into a pile of cushions is one of his favourite pass times. He has recently discovered the joy of match box cars, something that his Daddy is very excited and proud of. Duane LOVED his cars as a child and has kept a few of his favorites to pass on to his son. Xav has a small suitcase of cars already and loves zooming them around everywhere. He pushes them around the floor, over the couch, up the windows and over the top of my computer moniter. His favourite though is to drive his cars up our legs and through our hair or over my back.
Xav is starting to put lots of words together, there is still a little pause between them, but I'm sure he's not too far away from bigger sentences. He is very interested in letters and constantly points out the letter A and B when he sees them. He can repeat back most of the alphabet, and can spell BABY, DADDY and CAR with a little help. He loves reading books and if given the chance will sit on the toilet for ages flicking through one. I often find him sitting near the book shelf deeply engrossed in a favourite book. He can point out everything in the picture books, except of course if Trudy is around. For some strange reason when she is around he plays dumb and will not say anything apart from "DA". Funny little boy her is!
Xav has been relatively easy as a toddler but I think that's soon to end. I forgot about the problems that occur on the way to turning 2, but he has given me a few reminders. I forgot about the tantrums, the frustration and the 2 y/o ego.
A 2y/o doesn't scare me though - I've got a 3 y/o!
0 comments:
Post a Comment