Update on the TT

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Xav is still being a "big" boy and using the toilet for most wees and nearly all of his poos. He's not got to the stage of telling me he wants to go (although he has a few times) but I can tell mostly when he needs to go, so I pop him on the toilet and he wees. I still can't believe it every time I see my baby propped up on the toilet, doing wees. When he does do an accident he comes and tells me, so that's a good sign that he is acknowledging it.

For the last 3 days he has been in undies at home (Grace's old pink Dora ones - very feminine!) and he loves wearing them instead of his nappy. I still put him in a nappy for his day sleeps, although he didn't want me taking off his undies today so I put his nappy over the top. I just went to check on Xav in his cot and he had taken off his nappy and just laying in his undies. Very cute. I love his little bottom in undies and can't help smacking it whenever he passes by.

Over the last month Xav has had a major explosion with his talking and comprehension. He has added many words to his vocabulary and using them all in the proper context. If he gets hurt he rubs the sore spot saying "Ouch, Owies." If he gets stuck somewhere he yells out "Stuck, Stuck" Wanting us to either remove him from or one of his toys from the offending place. Lots of other words too. Up, Bubba (he calls himself this), Grandma, smack (no doubt learnt this from me as I am constantly smacking his cute bottom), top, nap-nap, duck, book, door, nose and eyes. We were driving past the school the other day when he started shouting, "School, school" I couldn't believe it.

There are plenty of other words that he has learnt, but I can't remember right now. It's not the amount of words that is blowing us away, it is is comprehension. He understands soooo much and can follow complication instructions. For example I was sitting on the toilet the other day and there was no loo paper. I asked Xav to open the cupboard and get me out a roll, and he did. I can't remember if Grace understood this much at this age, maybe she did?

On another note I have nearly completed all my Christmas shopping. I braved the shops with the kids yesterday which meant I got absolutely nothing done. They are great when we go shopping but it's so busy this time of the year and pushing a pram through the crowds is not my idea of fun. So to finish everything off I ventured out ALONE last night. It was great and I pretty much had every shop to myself as it was so quiet. I picked up the rest of the kids stuff and I think they are going to love it. I can't wait for Christmas morning to see their excited faces as they rip the wrapping paper and discover all the goodies. I've just got to get a few more stocking things and then I'm done. I swear next year I am going to start early and have all my Christmas shopping before December. I know, we all say this every year and it never happens.

I has a horrible nights sleep last night. I woke at about 1am with a really biting, aching back pain. It slowly moved around to my stomach and I was seriously thinking that I was having a phantom labour. I got up and walked around for a bit, but then my stomach lurched and everything came up. After a few talks with the porcelain bowl I was feeling better and it was all over. So not really sure what was happening, maybe something I ate? Actually now that I think about it the only thing that I ate differently from everyone else was some sugar free lollies. It was most definately them, I've reacted to the fake sugar before - same thing stomach cramps and vomiting. That'll teach me to raid the cupboard looking for something naughty and end up eating the left over cake decorating lollies! Feeling better today, although a little weak. Lucky Duane will be home soon cause the kids must be sick of their Mum lazing around not playing with them.

0 comments: