We are all better now. Thank goodness
We had a quick trip to the Dr's again on Tuesday. My head was feeling like it was about to explode, and poor little Xavier wasn't his usual happy self. Turns out I had a sinus infection and my little boy had an ear infection. So we are all on A/b's. It's tough getting them into Xavier, he hates them, not like his greedy sister who begs for more!
They must be working because Xavier is back to his cheeky self and I feel like I can function again. Gee Sinus isn't nice. I've never had the pleasure of it before, so wasn't really sure what had hit me. My face and head was always achy and my head felt like it was about to blow off.
Grace is 100% now too. She's still a little hesitant to wee sometimes, so we have had a few accidents. She's slowly getting back to normal though, Mummy just has to keep reminding her.
Last Wednesday night I heard Xavier huffing and puffing at about 2am. I left him for a bit them went in to see what he was up too. He often gets himself into funny positions and his little legs are at all angles sticking out of the cot. Well this time I was greeted by a smiling boy STANDING at the end of his cot. Well naughty Mummy hadn't dropped the cot yet, so he was standing well over the top of the cot. If he had shown anymore enthusiasm he would have toppled out! Needless to say I slept with 2 boys that night.
~Hanging out in Xaviers cot~
The next day Duane dropped the cot down to the lowest level. Xavier looks so little and far away now.....it's such a long way down. Its also so much harder for me to pat him and reassure him if he wakes. He seems a little disorientated in there now, probably just getting used to viewing his bedroom from a different angle!
Well after learning how to pull himself up the little terror is getting up on everything. He mostly just gets up to his knees, unless of course there is something that he really wants. Usually he is after Grace's textas, food or anything else that is small and a potential choking hazard! Grace keeps him under control though!! She is such a bossy big sister, "No Xavier, Uh,uh,uh, no touching Xavier, Be careful Xavier".
I have been trying to teach her that Xavier is just a baby and just wants to play. If he is touching something of hers I encourage her to get something for him to play with and take hers away. It seems to be working, but of course Xavier is constantly into her stuff!
My little Grace is talking so well. Her vocab has just increased all over again. She is stringing whole sentences together and I love having little conversations with her. The other day I just had a shower and was drying myself off. She said to me "Mummy has little belly", well I know that I don't but I was still basking in the flattery from my little princess. Then she shot me down with "Mummy has a big head". Thanks Grace. She also tells me I have big boobies and that Grace has "whittle boobies" Yeah well these boobies have been feeding you kids for the last 2 years, so no complaining missy!!She has also started talking about herself in the first person. She bounces between talking about herself as Grace or I. She says things like "I have drink" or "It's my drawing". She also has a few funny words that she muddles up. Butterfly is "flutterfly", soap is "soup" and my all time favourite is kisses which she pronounces as "misses" I started correcting her at the start, but it sounds so cute when she asks for "misses" Or when she says she is going to give Xavier "misses" Oh gosh my little girl is growing up!
0 comments:
Post a Comment