Well it has been weird weather here lately. It has rained everyday which is nice and refreshing but as the day progresses it gets muggy again! The backyard is so wet and sodden! All the weeds seem to be growing at such a fast rate…too fast for us to keep up!
Duane mowed the lawn yesterday…it was getting to be about a foot long! Gracie and I swept up the lawn clippings from the concrete. She had the little broom and I had the big one! She loves getting involved in what we are doing and trying to help. This morning I swept the front yard and she remembered and grabbed her broom and started picking the piles and trying to put them into the bin. It was so cute!
For the last few months Gracie has been an absolute angel going to bed. At about 8.30 in the morning I ask her if she is tired and wants to go to sleep and if she does she heads up to the bedroom and waits for me to put her in the cot. Gee it makes life easier! She also does this for her sleep at about 1.30pm! I usually peek in on her and she is just happily laying there playing with her dummies (she has about 6 in the cot with her!!) She very rarely wakes up crying…usually I don’t even hear her through he monitor! I just check on her from about 1 hour onwards!
For her nighttime routine she has a bath (if we are organized!!) then has a nuddy run out in the lounge! After we have a struggle getting her pj’s on (she loves being a nudie!!) she starts getting all excited because it is milk time! She looks for her pillow and then does this cute little half laugh half cry thing! She then runs up to me all excited! I feed her (in between her laughing at me and pulling on and off!) then Daddy takes her to bed after a kiss and cuddle! She goes into bed and we usually don’t hear a peep out of her for the next 11-12hrs! Absolute bliss! And now everything with Gracie sleep is perfect we are going to turn our world upside down again and start again with the new bub!
I always have a peek on her just before I go to bed…I love seeing what sort of position she has chosen to sleep in!
I am now about 21 weeks pregnant and starting to definitely feel preggars! My tummy is quite definite and I am starting to fell a lot more movement. By this time with Gracie I was feeling movement all the time but it seems that this time the placenta is at the front (anterior) and cushioning the babies kicks! I seem to be able to feel them from the side or faintly from the front. My back is also starting to hurt and every now and then I have trouble with my sciatica on the left side. Apart from all that I feel great…I have to keep up with Gracie!
I am still feeding Gracie! We had a lovely moment the other night when I was feeding her bubs was kicking! I don’t think that it would have been strong enough for Gracie is realize but it was nice for me!
Well it’s still the 23rd but later in the evening! Gracie had her usual bedtime routine however something different happened! She came up to get her milk had 1 suck and came off laughing! This happened quite a few times! I kept on offering it to her and she would take a sip and then come off and laugh at me! I know that there was milk because every time that she came off I was leaking. She started doing this last night so I guess that she is weaning of this night feed! I’ll see how she goes tomorrow night and keep you updated!
23rd February 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Posted by Kirsten at Friday, February 23, 2007
Labels: Blobby #2, Breastfeeding, Grace, sleeping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment